When is the hotel going to be reopened?
Playitas Resort reopened on October 17th 2020.
What do I need to know before traveling to Playitas?
From November 13th you will need a negative COVID-19 test that is not older than 72 hours. You will need the test in printed or digital form at the check-in at the hotel, not at the airport. In case you do not have a test result with you we can offer you a test at the hotel. Until the results are available (up to 24 hours), you will have to stay in your hotel room. If you are recovered from Covid or vaccinated you will not need a test in order to check in however please inform yourself what you will need in order to enter Spain, this varies from country to country.
If you have your COVID-19 rest result in digital format, you can speed up the check-in process by sending it before arrival to email@example.com, indicating in the subject your reservation number and arrival date.
Please find further information in this document as well as in "Procedure to travel to Spain".
For more information visit https://www.hellocanaryislands.com/travelling-to-the-canary-islands/
ATTENTION: Unfortunately, the Spanish government site is a non-secure site. Only create your QR code on the Spanish government site, which is free of charge. Be careful about scams on the website asking you to transfer money.
Do you offer a PCR or antigen test at Playitas?
Yes, we offer both tests. Our colleagues at the reception will be in charge of the organization and will be contacting the doctor to make an appointment. (Please contact us regarding there prices.)
Furthermore there are many possibilities to do an PCR test in Fuerteventura:
Puerto del Rosario (49 km from Playitas):
Hours: Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00
No appointment is necessary.
Time for results: 24h -72h
Costs and hours may vary depending on the laboratory.
There are also other laboratories where you can make an appointment to do your PCR test at Playitas Resort. If you want more information, don’t hesitate to contact them through:
(We have been working with this clinic for years and we are very happy with them. Results in 24/48 hours)
https://www.clinicascenmed.com/covid-19-pcr-medical-centers-in-fuerteventura-and-lanzarote/ (Results in 24/48 hours)
When is the golf course going to reopen?
Driving range, putting and chipping green are open to members. 18 holes golf course will be open the same day as the Resort.
Will other facilities like the olympic pool or the badminton courts be open?
All other premises will reopen when our resort reopens on October 17th 2020. At the moment, the olympic pool is only available for hotel guests.
Which sports program will be offered?
Our sports program will include the main Playitas elements. Our day starts at 08:00 with the sun salutation, from 09:00 the equipment-based classes (Spin, Wod, Jumping Fitness) will start, followed by four MC-1 classes, which are a mixture of the program and the main focus: cardio, strength, toning, mind and body. The safety precautions are strictly adapted to the requirements of the program and guaranteed. Our sports program will be published one week in advance on our website and on Facebook.
Gym, indoor handball hall, golf, fitness areas and equipment – how is it cleaned and how often?
We are reinforcing the cleaning and disinfection work of every one of the hotel spaces, such as bedrooms, communal areas, meeting and event spaces as well as staff work areas, transport vehicles and the objects of common use. All sports equipment will be disinfected after use.
In which areas is the use of a mask mandatory?
- In public, distance rules of 1.5 meters must be observed.
- In spaces of nature or outdoors outside of population centers, there is no obligation to use the mask as long as the amount of people allows to maintain a safe interpersonal distance of at least 1.5 meters.
- There is a permanent obligation to wear masks when staying in public, even outdoors - regardless of whether a minimum distance can be maintained or not. This also applies to children over the age of 6.
- In any closed spaces for public use or open to the public regardless of maintaining a safety distance of at least 1.5 meters a mask must be worn. This also applies for indoor sports areas like e.g. the Playitas Gym.
- In means of air and maritime transport, in all public transport (taxi, tram, bus).
- By private car with up to nine seats if the occupants do not live together.
- In the closed spaces of the hotel and restaurant establishments and services, including bars and cafeterias, except at the time of food or drink intake.
- When accessing a health center.
- It is not mandatory on beaches and swimming pools when bathing or if you are in a place where you are sunbathing and with interpersonal distance.
- The correct use of the mask is mandatory, and it must cover, nose and mouth completely at all times. It must also be properly adjusted to the nose and to the chin.
More information can be found here.
What is the check-in procedure?
We offer a digital pre-check-in in order to avoid time at the reception and contact with employees.
How is sports booking going to be handled?
The capacity in sports booking will be limited and controlled by marked circulation to avoid queues. Reservations for sports facilities / activities will be made by phone or in our Sports Booking Center. The 24 hours reception telephone service is available to meet your request.
Which medical services are available?
There is a 24/7 medical service available: private & public hospitals with ambulance, international Resort Doctor and security/isolation rooms enabled in the hotel itself.
Where can I get tested on COVID-19?
For a PCR test you need to request a report from the doctor (doctor at the Resort), and then go to the Clinica Parque in Puerto del Rosario to do the test. Results should be there in 24-48 hours.
The IgM/IgG test (antibody test) can be done by the doctor at the Resort, and you can have the results in 10 minutes.
What are the new routines and rules regarding cleaning and disinfection?
We are reinforcing the cleaning and disinfection work of every one of the hotel spaces, such as bedrooms, communal areas, meeting and event spaces as well as staff work areas, transport vehicles and the objects of common use.
The pool capacity will be reduced in order to maintain the established safety distances and the space between the sun beds will be augmented to relax safely.
Which safety measures are in place when it comes to serving food?
We will reduce the tables in the a la carte restaurants (reservation required) and Buffet – if necessary, shifts will be established. We will increase the spaces at our buffets taking advantage of the outdoor areas and creating new gastronomic experiences outdoors. In addition to this, circulation marks will be created.
What are the rules regarding distance to other clients?
Different measures have been established. The number of machines available in the gym will be reduced as well as its capacity in order to maintain the established safety distances. Sports activities and facilities, both indoors and outdoors, will have a capacity limit.
How is the hotel staff trained and equipped?
There is an organized safety access with sanitary controls for suppliers and employees. All employees will be trained (Certified by Quirón Prevension) and equipped with hygiene and protection measures.
General information on COVID-19 related restrictions in Spain:
- A separation distance of 1.5 meters must be respected between the tables, as well as in the bar, between clients or groups. Maximum occupancy per table or group of tables indoors and outdoors will be ten people.
- Recreational and leisure boats may open to the public outdoor spaces only for seated consumption. The maximum capacity allowed is 75%.
- Clubs and other nightlife establishments may open their outdoor spaces for the public, for consumption sitting at the table. In any case, the terrace capacity will be 75%. Dance floors are not allowed.
- Smoking, tobacco inhalation devices, water pipes, hookahs, shisha or assimilated are not allowed on public roads or outdoor spaces, provided that it is not possible to guarantee the maintenance of an interpersonal safety distance of at least 2 meters.